Monday, July 11, 2011

Feel cheated by the college admissions process?

I worked really hard in high school, yet I am not going to a school I like. I maintained an unweighted gpa of 3.89, weighted 4.52, took 7 AP classes, and many more honors, participated in many extracurriculars including national honor society and national art honor society, graduated in the top 5 percent of my class and in the state of md, and got a decent sat score 2010. I did get accepted at one of my top choice schools, gw, by my parents could not afford it, and I did not receive enough aid. Someone I know with similar stats did though, and they are able to go, while I end up with my last choice, university of md, college park. In addition, I was not even accepted to their honor or scholars program. I am completely depressed and not excited at all to go to college in the fall. What should I do to make this better? And sorry for the really long and depressing question.

No comments:

Post a Comment