Friday, July 8, 2011

I really need help with feeding my geckos! Please?

I have 2 african fat tail geckos, male and female. the male, bruno (about a year old) and the female, holly (about 5 months) live together. the substrate, is reptilite calcium sand on the hot side (to hold heat), and on the cold side there is coconut bedding (to hold moisture & humidity). i got the female a few days before the male, both about 2 weeks ago, niether of them have eaten on their own. I got the female from a breeder at a reptile convention, and the male from a local petstore. I don't feed them inside their terrarium, I move them to a plastic bin, so there's no impaction. my leopard gecko, who lives in another terrarium, eats just fine inside the feeding bin, but the african fat tails just lay there. i'm worried about them, i have hand fed them because they're still juveniles and are supposed to be fed daily.. but will they eat on their own? is this normal for newly purchased geckos?

No comments:

Post a Comment