Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Should I sell my horse?

I think I already know the answer and just need to be talked into it! We have 4 horses - too many for our small place, really, although we keep them well fed. Two of them came to us free and as a total surprise - they are lovely Dutch Warmbloods. There is a lady here in town who would like to buy the mare (who is my sweetheart) for her pony club daughter -- BUT I don't really ride anymore (I'm heavy and out of shape and a little scared). I do some training with her (really enjoyed getting her past a fear of being bridled and unbridled - that was some hard work! I think she'd been hurt by the bit at one time and was really scared) and adore her, but I guess she'd be better off with the pony club girl. The problem is that I really don't like my husband's two geldings - one is nippy and mean, and the Warmblood is very big and high spirited so I don't even enjoy working with them. My daughter WOULD ride this mare, but she has a horse of her own that is her "main" interest. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment